1. 1/2 cup butter
2. 1 small onion, sliced
3. 1/4 cup sliced carrots
4. 1/4 cup sliced celery
5. 25 peppercorns
6. 16 whole cloves
7. 3 tablespoons flour
8. 1 cup beef broth
9. water, as needed (optional)
10. 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
11. salt and ground black pepper to taste
12. 1/3 cup red wine
13. 1 tablespoon olive oil, or to taste
14. 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:20 Minutes, Ready In:35 Minutes
1. soften butter in a big skillet over medium-high heat. saute onion, carrots, celery, peppercorns, and cloves in melted butter till onions are browned, 7 to 10 mins.
2. stir flour into the onion combination; prepare dinner and stir until the flour is absolutely moistened, 1 to 2 minutes. circulate pork broth into the skillet while stirring the onion combination; cook, stirring always, till the broth thickens into a gravy, 5 to ten mins. upload water to thin the gravy as had to hold it from turning into paste-like.
three. stir 1 tablespoon parsley into the gravy; preserve to cook, stirring regularly, till the parsley imparts taste to the gravy, 5 to 10 mins; pressure thru a first-rate-mesh strainer right into a smooth saucepan. discard vegetables.
four. vicinity the saucepan over low warmth. season sauce with salt, pepper, and maximum of the final parsley. stir purple wine into the sauce.
five. heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-excessive warmth; saute mushrooms in warm oil until absolutely gentle, about 5 minutes. stir mushrooms into the sauce; garnish with remaining parsley after spooning over steaks.