mashed candy potatoes flavored with cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger form the bottom of this sweet and earthy southern sweet potato pie.
1. 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
2. 1 pastry for a 9-inch deep-dish pie crust
3. 1 1/2 cups milk
4. 1 cup white sugar
5. 2 eggs
6. 1 tablespoon butter, melted
7. 1 teaspoon salt
8. 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
9. 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
10. 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours, Ready In:1 Hours 30 Minutes
1. region candy potatoes into a large pot and cover with water; deliver to a boil. reduce heat to medium-low and simmer till gentle, 10 to 15 minutes. drain properly and allow cool.
2. preheat oven to 425 levels f (220 degrees c). line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry.
3. mash sweet potatoes with a potato masher or fork. degree 1 three/4 cup of the mash right into a large bowl. upload milk, sugar, eggs, butter, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. beat with a rotary beater until combination has the consistency of cake batter. pour into the pastry-lined plate.
four. bake within the preheated oven till a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out smooth, 45 to 55 minutes. cool till center is about, approximately 15 mins.