1. 1/2 bitter melon, seeded and thinly sliced crosswise
2. 2 tablespoons salt
3. 14 ounces /397 gm fried tofu, cut into bite-sized pieces
4. 7 ounces/198 bottle gourd, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
5. 1/2 cup prepared kombu dashi stock
6. 1 tablespoon soy sauce
7. 1 teaspoon mirin (Japanese sweet wine)
8. 8 pods fresh okra, trimmed
9. 1 teaspoon grated ginger
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:8 Minutes, Ready In:38 Minutes
1. place bitter melon slices in a bowl of water; stir in salt till dissolved. let soak for 15 to 20 minutes. drain.
2. combine bitter melon, tofu, and bottle gourd in a microwave-safe stress cooker.
3. blend dashi stock, soy sauce, and mirin together in a small bowl; pour over bitter melon aggregate. close stress cooker consistent with manufacturers’ instructions and cook in the microwave at 600w for 7 mins.
4. open pressure cooker and stir in okra. near and cook till okra is soft, about 1 minute.
5. switch sour melon aggregate to a serving plate; garnish with grated ginger.