cranberry curd is a colourful twist at the conventional lemon curd and is a first-rate substitute for cranberry sauce on thanksgiving.
1. 2 cups fresh cranberries
2. 1/2 cup water
3. 3 egg yolks
4. 1 large egg
5. 3/4 cup white sugar
6. 1/4 cup unsalted butter, diced
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:15 Minutes, Ready In:25 Minutes
1. combine cranberries and water in a saucepan over medium warmness; cook, stirring once in a while, until cranberries start to open and dad, about 10 mins. gently weigh down cranberries with a spoon or potato masher; dispose of from warmth.
2. integrate egg yolks and egg in a bowl; upload sugar and whisk till frothy and smooth. spoon 1 tablespoon hot cranberry aggregate into egg aggregate and whisk right now. maintain adding hot cranberry combination, 1 tablespoon at a time and whisking after each addition, until half cup warm cranberry mixture has been incorporated.
3. pour cranberry-egg combination into hot cranberry combination and without delay whisk collectively. blend combination with an immersion blender till curd is silky and clean.
4. cook dinner curd over medium heat, whisking continuously, until a low boil is attain and curd coats the returned of a spoon, approximately 5 minutes. eliminate saucepan from warmness. add butter to curd and whisk continuously until included.