1. 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach
2. 1 small onion, chopped
3. 1 tablespoon butter
4. 1 (12 ounce) container ricotta cheese
5. 3 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
6. 2 eggs
7. 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
8. salt and black pepper to taste
9. 1 (8 ounce) package phyllo dough
10. 5 tablespoons melted butter
11. 6 egg yolks
Prep:40 Minutes, Cook:40 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 25 Minutes
1. area spinach in a skillet over medium warmth and cook till wilted, three to five minutes. drain, squeeze dry, and chop finely.
2. heat 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium warmness and upload onion. cook till onion begins to melt, about three mins. add spinach and cook and stir for two minutes. remove from warmness and switch to a bowl to cool barely, about five mins.
three. stir ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, 2 whole eggs, nutmeg, salt, and pepper into the cooled spinach combination.
four. preheat oven to 350 tiers f (175 ranges c). grease a nine-inch tart pan or pie dish.
5. unwrap the phyllo dough. preserve covered with a humid cloth to prevent phyllo sheets from drying out.
6. lay 1 sheet of phyllo over the buttered dish flush with the brink so that extra phyllo hangs over on only one aspect of the dish. brush lightly with melted butter. top with another sheet of phyllo at a mild attitude to the first one. continue on this way, with up to 12 sheets, brushing every sheet with butter and running clockwise to put each at a slight angle to the previous sheet.
7. spoon cheese and spinach mixture evenly into the phyllo-coated dish. the usage of the returned of a spoon, make six indentations inside the filling, then carefully place 1 egg yolk in every. season every yolk with salt and pepper and drizzle with a chunk of melted butter.
8. take the greater phyllo dough striking over the edges of the dish and fold it over to the centre to cowl the filling, 1 sheet of phyllo at a time, brushing each one with butter. brush the pinnacle of the whole pie with butter.
9. bake inside the preheated oven until the phyllo pastry is a dark golden brown, approximately forty minutes. take away and allow cool slightly earlier than reducing. serve heat.