1. 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach
2. 1 small onion chopped
3. 1 tablespoon butter
4. 1 (12 ounce) container ricotta cheese
5. 3 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
6. 2 eggs
7. 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
8. salt and black pepper to taste
9. 1 (8 ounce) package phyllo dough
10. 5 tablespoons melted butter
11. 6 egg yolks
Prep:40 Minutes, Cook:40 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 25 Minutes
1.put spinach in a pan over medium warmth and cook till wilted, three to five minutes. drain, squeeze dry, and chop finely.
2.heat 1 tablespoon butter in a pan over medium heat and put onion. cook till onion begins to melt for 3 mins.add spinach and cook and stir for two minutes.remove from heat and switch to a bowl to cool barely, about five mins.
3.stir ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, 2 whole eggs, nutmeg, salt, and pepper into the cooled spinach combination.
4.heat oven to 175 degree c. grease a nine-inch tart pan or pie dish.
5.unwrap the phyllo dough. preserve covered with a humid cloth to prevent phyllo sheets from drying out.
6.lay 1 sheet of phyllo over the buttered dish flush with the brink so that extra phyllo hangs over on only one aspect of the dish. brush lightly with melted butter. top with another sheet of phyllo at a mild attitude to the first one. continue on this way, with up to 12 sheets, brushing every sheet with butter and running clockwise to put each at a slight angle to the previous sheet.
7.spoon cheese and spinach mixture evenly into the phyllo-coated dish. the usage of the returned of a spoon, make six indentations inside the filling, then carefully place 1 egg yolk in every. season every yolk with salt and pepper and drizzle with a chunk of melted butter.
8. take the greater phyllo dough striking over the edges of the dish and fold it over to the centre to cowl the filling, 1 sheet of phyllo at a time, brushing each one with butter.brush the pinnacle of the whole pie with butter.
9.bake inside the heated oven until the phyllo pastry is a dark golden brown for forty minutes. take away and allow cool slightly earlier than reducing. serve heat.