1. cooking spray
2. 2 cups whole wheat flour
3. 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
4. 1/2 cup oat bran
5. 1/2 cup wheat bran
6. 1/2 cup untoasted wheat germ
7. 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
8. 1 egg
9. 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 5 Minutes, Ready In:2 Hours 20 Minutes
1. preheat oven to four hundred stages f (two hundred stages c). grease a loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. mix complete wheat flour, all-cause flour, oat bran, wheat bran, wheat germ, and baking soda together in a large bowl.
3. whisk egg gently in a small bowl. whisk in buttermilk. pour over flour combination; fold collectively with a large spoon until batter is wet.
four. pour batter into the loaf pan and clean out the pinnacle. use the spoon to trace a “plus” signal from facet to side throughout the pinnacle.
five. bake inside the preheated oven till golden, about forty mins. reduce oven temperature to 225 stages f (a hundred and five ranges c); hold baking till a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes extra.
6. invert bread onto a twine rack. permit cool absolutely, about 1 hour.