red meat chuck is slowly stewed with onion, garlic, tomato paste and candy hungarian paprika for a soft, mildly highly spiced comforting dish.
1. 1/3 cup vegetable oil
2. 3 onions, sliced
3. 2 tablespoons Hungarian sweet paprika
4. 2 teaspoons salt
5. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
6. 3 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
7. 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
8. 1 1/2 cups water
9. 1 clove garlic, minced
10. 1 teaspoon salt
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:2 Hours, Ready In:2 Hours 15 Minutes
1. warmth oil in a big pot or dutch oven over medium warmness. cook onions in oil until gentle, stirring often. put off onions and set apart.
2. in a medium bowl, combine paprika, 2 teaspoons salt and pepper. coat pork cubes in spice mixture, and cook dinner in onion pot until brown on all facets. return the onions to the pot, and pour in tomato paste, water, garlic and the closing 1 teaspoon salt. reduce heat to low, cowl and simmer, stirring every so often, 1 half to 2 hours, or until meat is soft.