1. 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice mix
2. 2 1/4 cups water
3. 1 tablespoon butter
4. cooking spray
5. 1 pound mild sausage
6. 1 onion, chopped
7. 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
8. 2 (15 ounce) cans hoppin’ John
9. salt and ground black pepper
10. 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 20 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 40 Minutes
1.combine rice blend, water, and butter in a saucepan. deliver to a boil; lessen warmness to low and simmer, covered, till rice is smooth, about 25 minutes. cast off from warmness and permit stand for 5 mins. fluff with a fork.
2.heat oven to 175 degree c.grease a casserole dish gently with cooking spray.
3. cook dinner and stir sausage in a pan over medium heat till browned and crumbly, five to 7 minutes. drain, booking a few grease within the skillet, and area in a bowl.
4.cook and stir onion and bell pepper in a pan till softened, about 5 mins. stir in rice, sausage, and hoppin’ john till frivolously dispensed.season with salt and pepper.transfer to the prepared casserole dish.
5.bake inside the heated oven till heated thru, 30 to 35 mins.sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. preserve baking until cheese is melted, 10 mins.