1. 4 cups water
2. 3 cups white sugar
3. 3 limes, zested and juiced
4. 3 stalks lemon grass, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
5. 6 tablespoons citric acid powder
6. 3 tablespoons powdered cinchona bark
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:35 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 10 Minutes
1. deliver water and sugar to a boil in a saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves.
2. lessen warmness to low; stir in lime zest, lime juice, lemon grass, citric acid, and powdered cinchona bark. simmer until cinchona is very well dissolved, approximately 30 minutes.
3. dispose of from heat; allow mixture cool, approximately 15 mins. pressure through a colander. run the syrup through coffee filters or cheesecloth to eliminate sandy bits of bark.