1. 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2. 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
3. 4 teaspoons baking powder
4. 6 teaspoons shortening
5. 1 egg, separated
6. 1 1/4 cups 1% milk
7. 1 tablespoon molasses
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:5 Minutes, Ready In:20 Minutes
1. blend all-motive flour, buckwheat flour, and baking powder together in a bowl. reduce in shortening with 2 knives or a pastry blender till the aggregate resembles coarse crumbs.
2. beat egg yolk gently in a separate bowl. blend in milk and molasses. pour into the flour aggregate; blend batter until no dry spots stay.
3. beat egg white in a separate bowl till stiff. fold into the batter.
four. warmth a gently oiled griddle over medium heat. pour batter into 4-inch desserts at the griddle. prepare dinner until bubbles form and the edges are dry, 3 to four mins. turn and cook till browned on the opposite aspect, 2 to a few minutes. repeat with closing batter.