1. 1 teaspoon dried thyme
2. 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
3. 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
4. 1 teaspoon garlic powder
5. 2 pounds pork belly strips
6. 1 cup chopped kimchi
7. 1 bulb garlic, cloves separated and peeled
8. 3 scallions (pajori), chopped
9. Ssamjang Dipping Sauce:
10. 2 tablespoons doenjang (Korean soybean paste)
11. 2 tablespoons gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste), or more to taste
12. 1 tablespoon sesame oil
13. 2 cloves garlic, minced
14. 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
15. 1 teaspoon rice wine
16. 1 teaspoon brown sugar
Prep:25 Minutes, Cook:17 Minutes, Ready In:57 Minutes
1. mix thyme, dill, rosemary, and garlic powder together in a small bowl. rub over each facets of each beef belly strip. let stand at room temperature, about 15 minutes.
2. heat a huge skillet over medium-high warmth. prepare dinner beef belly strips until well browned, about 7 minutes in step with aspect. switch to a paper towel-coated plate, booking a few grease in the skillet. cut strips into chew-sized portions.
3. saute kimchi, garlic cloves, and scallions within the reserved grease over medium-excessive heat till beginning to brown, approximately three minutes. drain on a paper towel-covered plate.
4. mix doenjang, gochujang, sesame oil, minced garlic, sesame seeds, rice wine, and brown sugar in a bowl to make ssamjang sauce.
5. serve red meat stomach strips with kimchi, garlic, scallions, and ssamjang sauce.