this thick and hearty hamburger soup is loaded with vegetables and barley.
1. 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
2. 1 onion, minced
3. 4 carrots, minced
4. 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
5. 1/2 cup barley
6. 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
7. 2 cups water
8. 3 (10 ounce) cans beef broth
9. 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
10. 1 bay leaf
11. 1 tablespoon parsley
12. 1 teaspoon minced garlic
13. 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
14. ground black pepper, to taste
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:2 Hours, Ready In:2 Hours 30 Minutes
1. warmth a huge soup pot over medium-high heat, and fall apart inside the ground pork. cook dinner and stir until the pork is evenly browned and now not red. drain, and discard any excess grease.
2. stir in the onion, carrots, celery, and barley. pour in diced tomatoes, water, broth, and tomato soup. season with bay leaf, parsley, garlic, thyme, and pepper. convey to a boil. reduce heat, and cowl; simmer for two hours, stirring frequently. take away bay leaf before serving.