1. 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2. 1/2 onion, chopped
3. 1 clove garlic,crushed
4. 1 pound/454 grams Hatch chile peppers, seeded
5. 1 quart chicken stock
6. 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
7. salt and ground black pepper
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:39 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 19 Minutes
1. set oven rack for 6 inches from the heat supply and heat the oven’s broiler. line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. place hatch chile peppers, reduce sides-down, onto the organized baking sheet.
2.cook peppers beneath the heated broiler till the pores and skin has blackened and blistered, 6 to 8 mins. vicinity blackened peppers right into a bowl and tightly seal with plastic wrap. allow peppers to steam as they cool,20 20 minutes. discard skins and chop peppers.
3.heat oil in a soup pot over medium heat.add onion and garlic; cook and stir till softened,for 5 minutes. add chiles;cook and stir till fragrant, three to 5 mins. pour in fowl inventory; mix in brief. sift in flour, whisking well until no lumps remain. carry combination to a boil. lessen heat to low and simmer soup until flavors integrate,for 20 mins.
4. mixture soup inside the pot the usage of an immersion blender. season with salt and pepper.