1. 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2. 1/2 onion, chopped
3. 1 clove garlic, minced
4. 1 pound Hatch chile peppers, seeded
5. 1 quart chicken stock
6. 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
7. salt and ground black pepper to taste
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:39 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 19 Minutes
1. set oven rack approximately 6 inches from the heat supply and preheat the oven’s broiler. line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. place hatch chile peppers, reduce sides-down, onto the organized baking sheet.
2. prepare dinner peppers beneath the preheated broiler till the pores and skin has blackened and blistered, 6 to 8 mins. vicinity blackened peppers right into a bowl and tightly seal with plastic wrap. allow peppers to steam as they cool, approximately 20 minutes. discard skins and chop peppers.
3. warmth oil in a soup pot over medium warmness. add onion and garlic; cook dinner and stir till softened, approximately 5 minutes. upload chiles; prepare dinner and stir till fragrant, three to 5 mins. pour in fowl inventory; mix in brief. sift in flour, whisking well until no lumps remain. carry combination to a boil. lessen warmness to low and simmer soup until flavors integrate, approximately 20 mins.
4. mixture soup inside the pot the usage of an immersion blender. season with salt and pepper.