tasty notable northern beans, simmered with ham, onion, brown sugar and spices.
1. 1 pound dry great Northern beans
2. 1/2 pound cooked ham, diced
3. 1 small onion, diced
4. 1/2 cup brown sugar
5. salt and pepper to taste
6. 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
7. 1 tablespoon dried parsley
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:2 Hours, Ready In:10 Hours 15 Minutes
1. rinse beans in a huge pot; discard gotten smaller beans and any small stones. upload eight cups of cold water. let stand overnight or as a minimum 8 hours. drain and rinse beans.
2. return beans to pot and upload ham, onion, brown sugar, salt, pepper, cayenne and parsley and water to cowl. deliver to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 1 half of to 2 hours, until beans are tender. add greater water if necessary at some stage in cooking time.