1. 1/2 cup water
2. 1/2 teaspoon calcium phosphorus powder
3. 2 teaspoons low methoxyl pectin with calcium (such as Pomona’s Universal Pectin ®)
4. 1 1/2 cups sugar
5. 4 cups mashed mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)
6. 1/4 cup lemon juice
7. 1 habanero pepper, diced, or more to taste
Prep:40 Minutes, Cook:25 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 5 Minutes
1. immerse 5 (8-ounce) jars in simmering water till jam is prepared, or at the least 10 mins. wash lids and rings in warm soapy water.
2. combine 1/2 cup of water and half of teaspoon calcium powder in a small jar with a lid to make calcium water. (observe: you’ll use simply 2 teaspoons calcium water for 4 cups mashed fruit. store the remainder inside the refrigerator and use inside 6 months.)
3. blend pectin powder and sugar in a bowl. region mashed berries, 2 teaspoons calcium water, lemon juice, and habanero pepper in a medium-sized pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. as soon as berry combination is boiling, upload sugar combination and stir vigorously for 2 mins. carry again to a boil and cast off from warmness.
4. ladle jam into warm, sterilized jars, filling to inside 1/4 inch of the pinnacle. run a clean knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars when they were filled to take away any air bubbles. wipe the edges of the jars with a moist paper towel to put off any food residue. pinnacle with lids and screw on earrings.
5. region a rack inside the backside of a large stockpot and fill midway with water. convey to a boil and decrease jars 2 inches aside into the boiling water the use of a holder. pour in more boiling water to cowl jars by using at the least 1 inch. deliver the water to a rolling boil, cowl the pot, and technique for 10 mins.
6. eliminate the jars from the stockpot and region onto a fabric-included or wood surface, several inches aside, till cool. press the pinnacle of every lid with a finger, making sure that the seal is tight (lid does now not flow up or down in any respect). save in a groovy, darkish vicinity.