1. 2 cups water
2. 2 cups white sugar
3. 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
4. 2 drops rose water (optional)
5. 1 pinch saffron (optional)
6. 1/2 cup instant dry milk powder (such as Carnation®)
7. 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
8. 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
9. 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (such as Land O’Lakes®)
10. 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
11. 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:17 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 17 Minutes
1. combine water, sugar, cardamom, rose water, and saffron in a saucepan; carry to a boil. lessen heat and simmer until consistency is syrupy, 5 to ten mins.
2. mix milk powder, flour, and baking soda in a bowl till properly-blended. slowly mix in butter and yogurt till dough comes together. permit gulab dough relaxation for five mins. shape into clean balls the size of pennies.
3. warmness oil in a deep-fryer or massive saucepan to 350 ranges f (a hundred seventy five levels c). test the temperature of the oil by losing in a small piece of dough. when it sits at the bottom of the pan for 1 minute earlier than coming to the surface, the oil is prepared.
4. fry 4 gulab balls at a time, stirring carefully, till dark golden brown on all aspects, about 2 minutes. drain on a paper-towel lined plate. repeat with closing gulab.
5. deliver syrup again up to a boil and drop in fried gulab. get rid of from warmness and allow them to soak within the syrup, protected, forty five minutes to one hour.