1. 1 loaf French bread
2. 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
3. salt and ground black pepper to taste
Prep:5 Minutes, Cook:9 Minutes, Ready In:14 Minutes
1. preheat grill to medium.
2. slice loaf lengthwise without reducing completely via the bread. unfold half of the butter on internal surfaces; season with salt and pepper. coat the out of doors of the bread with closing butter; season with salt and pepper.
3. location loaf cut-facet down on the grill; toast till browned, checking frequently, three to five mins. near loaf the usage of tongs. grill surface till crispy, checking often, three to 5 minutes according to side.
4. switch loaf to a cutting board the use of tongs; slice into 10 diagonal slices.