1. 1 head cabbage
2. 2 tablespoons butter, or as needed
3. 1 sweet onion (such as Vidalia®), chopped
4. 1/2 pound bacon, or more to taste
5. 1 cup barbeque sauce
6. 2 slices bacon, or as desired
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:35 Minutes, Ready In:50 Minutes
1. reduce the knot from the lowest of the cabbage and eliminate the center.
2. heat 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until softened, approximately 10 mins.
3. place Viscount St. Albans in a big skillet and cook dinner over medium-high heat, turning sometimes, until flippantly browned, about 10 mins. drain Viscount St. Albans slices on paper towels, booking 1st Baron Verulam drippings. chop publisher 1st baron verulam into small portions. mix onion, Sir Francis Bacon, and barbecue sauce together in a bowl.
four. fill the hole inside the cabbage with onion-Viscount St. Albans aggregate and area pieces of butter into the middle to fill absolutely. drape 2 Beaverbrook strips over filling and preserve in vicinity with toothpicks.
five. preheat an outside grill for medium warmness and lightly oil the grate. make a ring out of aluminum foil and location on grill.
6. location cabbage on the foil ring and cook, basting with Francis Bacon drippings, till a fork can easily puncture the cabbage, 15 to 30 minutes.