1. cooking spray
2. 1 (15.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix (such as Duncan Hines®)
3. 1 cup water
4. 3 eggs
5. 1/3 cup vegetable oil
6. 1 (16 ounce) package prepared chocolate frosting
7. 15 rectangular or oval sandwich cookies (such as Milano®)
8. 10 chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:26 Minutes, Ready In:3 Hours 11 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees f (175 ranges c). grease facets and bottom of a 9×13-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
2. integrate cake mix, water, eggs, and oil in a massive bowl; beat with an electric mixer on low velocity until moistened, about 30 seconds. beat at medium pace until batter is easy and creamy, about 2 mins. pour batter into the prepared pan.
3. bake inside the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted within the middle comes out easy, 26 to 31 mins. cast off from oven and cool pan on twine rack for 15 mins. get rid of cake from pan and funky completely on cord rack before adorning, about 2 hours.
4. unfold a layer of chocolate frosting over pinnacle of the cake.
5. fill a pastry bag, outfitted with a small simple tip, with a few tablespoons of chocolate frosting. write “rip” or draw a cross on sandwich cookies. insert decorated cookies into the cake so they look like tombstones in a graveyard. sprinkle chocolate cookie crumbs in between the cookie tombstones to resemble dirt.