1. 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
2. 1/2 orange, peel cut into thin strips
3. 1 pastry for a 9-inch pie crust
4. 2 eggs
5. 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
6. 1 tablespoon salted butter, melted
7. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8. 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
9. 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
10. 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
11. 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
12. 1 pinch ground cloves
13. 1 pinch salt
14. 1 cup white sugar
15. 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:55 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 10 Minutes
1. region sweet potatoes and orange peel into a huge pot and cover with water; deliver to a boil. lessen warmth to medium-low and simmer till gentle, approximately 10 minutes. drain properly and let cool. discard orange peel.
2. preheat oven to four hundred ranges f (two hundred levels c). line a nine-inch pie plate with pie crust.
3. mash cooled candy potatoes with a potato masher or fork. mix in eggs until well combined. upload pineapple juice, butter, and vanilla extract; mix until blended. blend in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt. mix in sugar until dissolved. combination in heavy cream the usage of a whisk.
4. pour sweet potato combination into the pie crust.
5. bake within the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. region on a material on a table or window sill to calm down.