goan fish curry, an average dish in southern india, is made with coconut, chile peppers, and kokum fruit in this brief and smooth meal to serve with rice.
1. 1/2 pound white fish, cut into thin slices (such as pomfret)
2. salt to taste
3. 1/2 cup grated coconut
4. 5 red Kashmiri chiles
5. 4 cloves garlic, peeled
6. 1 1/2 tablespoons coriander seeds
7. 4 whole peppercorns
8. 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
9. 2 pieces kokum (fruit from the mangosteen family)
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:20 Minutes, Ready In:35 Minutes
1. season fish portions with salt.
2. grind coconut, pink chiles, garlic, coriander, and peppercorns collectively with a morter and pestle till a exceptional paste bureaucracy.
3. combine paste and turmeric powder in a pot and convey to a boil; add fish. lower temperature to medium and cook dinner till fish flakes easily with a fork, approximately 15 minutes. upload kokum and mix well.