1. 1 (13.5 ounce) package gluten-free graham crackers
2. 3 tablespoons melted butter, or as needed
3. 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
4. 5 eggs, separated
5. 4 lemons, juiced and zested
6. 1 cup white sugar
7. 1/4 teaspoon salt
8. 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:25 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 35 Minutes
1. vicinity graham crackers right into a resealable plastic bag and overwhelm into crumbs the use of a rolling pin. pour into a bowl and upload enough melted butter so crumbs stick together. press aggregate firmly into your serving dish to form the crust. region in the freezer till company, approximately 20 minutes.
2. preheat oven to 325 ranges f (165 stages c). remove crust from freezer.
3. whisk condensed milk, egg yolks, lemon juice, and lemon zest together in a bowl; pour over crust.
4. bake within the preheated oven until simply set, 10 to fifteen minutes. put off pie from oven. hold oven on.
5. beat egg whites in a pitcher, metal, or ceramic bowl till medium peaks shape. upload sugar gradually, continuing to beat until stiff peaks shape. whisk in salt and cream of tartar lightly. unfold meringue over pie. use a fork to create peaks in the meringue.
6. boom oven temperature to 375 tiers f (a hundred ninety ranges c).
7. return pie to the oven and bake till meringue topping is golden brown, about 15 mins. flip off oven and depart the pie inside to cool, approximately 30 minutes.