these basic homemade gluten-unfastened sugar cookies flavor extremely good, are easy and smooth to make, and they may be perfect for adorning cookies.
1. Cookie Dough:
2. 2 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
3. 2 teaspoons baking powder
4. 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
5. 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
6. 1/4 teaspoon salt
7. 1 cup white sugar
8. 1/2 cup shortening (such as Crisco®)
9. 2 eggs, well beaten
10. 1 tablespoon milk
11. 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
12. 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, or as needed
13. For Decorating:
14. 1 egg yolk
15. 1 drop blue food coloring, or as needed
16. 1/4 teaspoon water, or as needed
17. 2 tablespoons sugar sprinkles, or to taste
Prep:35 Minutes, Cook:8 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 44 Minutes
1. stir gluten-free flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, nutmeg, and salt collectively in a large bowl.
2. beat sugar and shortening with an electric mixer in a large bowl until clean. add crushed eggs, milk, and vanilla extract; beat until mild and airy, about 2 minutes. add gluten-loose flour aggregate in small batches and stir till dough is simply combined.
3. pat dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and relax for at the least 1 hour.
4. preheat oven to 375 ranges f (one hundred ninety degrees c). line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
five. dust rolling pin and cookie cutters with confectioners' sugar. roll out dough to half-inch thickness; reduce cookies and area 2 inches aside onto the baking sheets.
6. whisk egg yolk with food coloring and water in a small bowl. decorate cookies with mixture using a infant's paintbrush. sprinkle sugar sprinkles on top.
7. bake within the the preheated oven till edges are golden, eight to twelve mins. cool at the baking sheets for 1 minute before eliminating to a wire rack to cool absolutely.