1. Brown Sugar Glaze:
2. 1 (5 pound) hickory smoked ham*
3. 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
4. 2 tablespoons Holland House® Sherry Cooking Wine
5. Sherry-Orange Dijon Sauce:
6. 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
7. 1 tablespoon cornstarch
8. 2 whole cloves
9. Dash ground nutmeg
10. 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
11. 1/2 cup Holland House® Sherry Cooking Wine
12. 1/2 cup orange juice
13. 1/3 cup golden raisins or dried cherries
14. 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 30 Minutes, Ready In:2 Hours
1.heat oven to 170 degree c. place ham in a roasting pan.stir together half cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons sherry cooking wine. brush 1/2 the glaze over the ham. roast ham uncovered for 20 minutes in step with pound or until internal temperature is 80 degree c. see ham wrapper for particular cooking time and temperature; directions may additionally range. brush final glaze over ham midway through cooking time.
2. for sherry-orange dijon sauce, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, cornstarch, cloves and nutmeg in a 1-quart saucepan. stir to remove lumps. stir in mustard till combination is a easy paste. slowly stir in sherry cooking wine and orange juice. upload raisins.
3. cook sauce over medium-high heat, stirring often, till aggregate boils. reduce heat and boil gently for 5 mins. serve sauce with sliced ham.