tofu and gailan, leafy chinese language broccoli, are tossed with a gingery oyster sauce mixture to make this stir-fry, a quick however complete dinner!
1. 1 (16 ounce) package firm tofu, quartered lengthwise
2. 1/4 cup oyster sauce
3. 2 tablespoons soy sauce
4. 2 tablespoons white sugar
5. 1 teaspoon salt
6. 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
7. 2 tablespoons water
8. 1 tablespoon cornstarch
9. 2 tablespoons peanut oil
10. 2 tablespoons fresh peeled and chopped ginger
11. 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
12. 1 pound gailan (Chinese broccoli), cut into 1-inch pieces
13. 1/2 cup water
14. 5 drops sesame oil, or to taste
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:7 Minutes, Ready In:42 Minutes
1. location tofu slices between layers of paper towels. location a baking sheet over the tofu. set a 3- to 5-pound weight on pinnacle (a field packed with water works properly). press tofu for 20 to half-hour; drain and discard the amassed liquid.
2. integrate oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar salt, and crimson pepper flakes in a bowl. whisk sauce until sugar is completely dissolved.
three. whisk 2 tablespoons water with cornstarch in a separate bowl to make a slurry.
four. warmth peanut oil in a big wok over medium-high warmth. prepare dinner and stir ginger and garlic till fragrant, approximately 2 mins. upload gailan; toss to lightly distribute ginger and garlic. add water and cowl; steam for about 2 mins. stir within the sauce, tossing fast to coat. reduce heat to medium; cook dinner for 1 minute.
5. stir the slurry in brief; add to the gailan. prepare dinner and stir till sauce is thickened, 2 to a few mins. garnish with sesame oil.