1. 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
2. 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, or as needed
3. 2 eggs
4. 2 tablespoons water
5. 2 (4 ounce) packets saltine crackers
6. 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:3 Minutes, Ready In:2 Hours 33 Minutes
1. insert a knife 3/4 of the manner below the head of one shrimp and reduce down the middle of the shrimp’s lower back to the tail. open shrimp together with your palms so it lies flat. repeat with closing shrimp.
2. pour flour onto a shallow plate. whisk eggs and water together in a small bowl to make egg wash.
3. place saltine crackers in a huge resealable bag. crush into satisfactory crumbs the usage of a rolling pin. pour crumbs onto a plate.
4. coat every shrimp with flour. dip in egg wash; roll in cracker crumbs on each sides. transfer to a huge plate. refrigerate shrimp for 2 hours.
5. warmth 1 inch vegetable oil in a huge skillet over medium-excessive warmness. prepare dinner shrimp until golden brown, 1 1/2 to two minutes consistent with aspect. drain on a paper-towel lined plate.