1. 1 green chile pepper, halved and seeded
2. 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
3. 1 chopped onion
4. 1 (14 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
5. 1 pound /half kg fresh okra, cut into small pieces
6. 1/2 teaspoon salt
7. 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
8. 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
9. 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:23 Minutes, Ready In:48 Minutes
1. set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler. line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; place chile pepper on pinnacle, cut aspects down.
2. prepare food below the heated broiler till the pores and skin of the pepper has blackened and blistered, five to eight minutes. vicinity blackened pepper right into a bowl and tightly seal with plastic wrap. allow pepper to steam because it cool, approximately 10 mins. dispose of skin and chop flesh.
3. heat oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-excessive heat; saute onion within the hot oil till golden, about 3 minutes. stir in chile pepper and tomatoes. bring to a boil; cook dinner and stir until tomatoes soften and liquid is decreased with the aid of half, approximately five minutes.
4. stir okra, salt, cumin, black pepper, and white pepper into the skillet. cook, stirring lightly, till okra is smooth, approximately 5 mins.