1. 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
2. 1 (5 pound) whole chicken
3. salt and pepper, to taste
4. 2 tablespoons Italian-style salad dressing
5. 2 tablespoons butter, melted
6. 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
7. 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
8. 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
9. 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
11. 2 tablespoons butter
12. 1 apple, cored and chopped
13. 1 pear, cored and chopped
14. 1/2 cup pineapple chunks, drained
15. 1/2 cup cubed French bread
16. 5 pitted prunes, chopped
17. 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
18. 2 tablespoons Italian-style salad dressing
19. 2 tablespoons orange juice
20. 1 tablespoon apple cider
21. 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
22. 1 tablespoon honey
23. 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Prep:45 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 45 Minutes, Ready In:2 Hours 40 Minutes
1.heat an oven to 135 degree c. unfold the walnuts out onto a baking sheet and toast them for 45 mins, till the nuts begin to brown and emerge as fragrant. watch the walnuts cautiously, due to the fact they burn quickly.set the walnuts aside.
2.whilst the walnuts are roasting, rinse the fowl properly with bloodless water, then pat dry inner and out with paper towels. region the hen right into a small roasting pan, and sprinkle outside and inside with salt and pepper.
3.combine 2 tablespoons italian dressing, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, 1 teaspoon orange peel, the lemon peel, thyme, and basil in a small bowl. brush the chook inner and out with the aggregate.
4.to make the stuffing, warmness 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan over medium warmth. add the apple, pear, and pineapple chunks; cook and stir about five mins, until the apple and pear are tender. blend the cooked fruit mixture with the roasted walnuts, bread, prunes, grapes, 2 tablespoons italian dressing, orange juice, apple cider, 1 teaspoon of orange zest, honey, and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir to mix.
5.increase oven temperature to 165 degree c. spoon the stuffing into the hen cavity, together with the vicinity beneath the neck skin. comfy the pores and skin over the neck cavity with toothpicks, and fold the wings under the bird. tie the drumsticks together.
6.roast the chook in the preheated oven for 1 hour, and untie the drumsticks. go back the bird to the oven and keep roasting until now not pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about forty five minutes to one hour extra roasting time. an on the spot-read thermometer inserted into the thickest a part of the thigh, close to the bone must study 82 degree c. eliminate the chook from the oven, cowl with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and allow to relaxation in a heat vicinity for 10 minutes before cutting.