2. 2 pounds bottom round roast
3. kosher salt to taste
4. fresh cracked black pepper to taste
5. 1/4 cup olive oil
6. 3 onions, sliced
7. 1 bulb fennel – cored, sliced, and fronds reserved
8. 3 cloves garlic
10. 1/4 cup butter
11. 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
12. fresh cracked black pepper to taste
13. 1 cup beef stock
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:2 Hours 21 Minutes, Ready In:3 Hours 36 Minutes
1. put off roast from fridge 1 hour before cooking to permit it to return to room temperature.
2. preheat oven to 325 stages f (165 ranges c).
3. rub salt and black pepper over the surface of the roast. warmth 2 tablespoons oil in a dutch oven over medium warmness. upload onions and fennel; cook and stir for 5 mins. add garlic; cook 1 minute extra. eliminate onion mixture from dutch oven.
4. pour closing 2 tablespoons oil into the dutch oven over medium warmth. add roast; brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. remove roast and return onion mixture to dutch oven. area roast on top and cowl the dutch oven.
5. bake within the preheated oven till fork tender, 2 to a few hours.
6. dispose of roast from dutch oven. puree half of the onion-fennel aggregate in a meals processor.
7. melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; upload flour and black pepper. prepare dinner and stir until browned, 2 to 3 mins. whisk half of cup beef stock and the onion-fennel puree into flour; add ultimate half cup stock. simmer until thickened, 3 to five minutes. mince reserved fennel fronds and upload to gravy; season to flavor with additional salt and pepper.
8. vicinity roast on a platter; pinnacle with remaining onion-fennel combination and half of the gravy. serve with ultimate gravy on the side.