faworki are deep-fried crispy pastry twists dusted with confectioners' sugar, a sweet polish treat historically served in carnival season.
1. 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2. 6 egg yolks
3. 3 tablespoons sour cream
4. 2 tablespoons white sugar
5. 2 tablespoons butter, softened
6. 1 tablespoon rum
7. 1 pinch salt
8. 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
9. 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, or as needed
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:2 Minutes, Ready In:22 Minutes
1. integrate flour, egg yolks, sour cream, sugar, butter, rum, and salt in a large bowl; mix to shape a dough.
2. knead dough lightly and roll out on a floured surface. cut into strips four inches long and three/4 inches extensive. reduce a slit inside the center of every strip. twist and pull one cease through the slit.
3. warmness oil in a deep-fryer or massive saucepan. take a look at the temperature via dropping in a pastry twist; the oil is prepared while it browns and go with the flow to the surface.
four. fry pastry twists in batches until golden brown, approximately 1 minute per aspect. drain on a plate lined with paper towels. dust with confectioners' sugar.