this no-bake chocolate mousse cake with a chocolate wafer crust is topped with orange liqueur whipped cream in an fashionable presentation.
2. 3 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
3. 10 tablespoons butter, melted
5. 1 pound semisweet chocolate, chopped
6. 2 eggs
7. 4 eggs, separated
8. 2 cups heavy whipping cream
9. 6 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
11. 2 cups heavy whipping cream
12. 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, or to taste
13. 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier®) (optional)
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:5 Minutes, Ready In:6 Hours 55 Minutes
1. mix chocolate wafer crumbs and butter collectively in a bowl. press over the lowest and up the sides of a 10-inch springform pan. freeze until company, 20 to 30 minutes.
2. melt chocolate in top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring regularly and scraping down the perimeters with a rubber spatula, approximately five mins. get rid of from warmth.
3. whisk 2 eggs and 4 egg yolks in a bowl. steadily pour in melted chocolate, whisking continuously, till nicely blended.
4. beat egg whites in a tumbler, metal, or ceramic bowl till stiff peaks shape.
5. beat cream in a relaxing glass or steel bowl with an electric mixer till foamy. upload 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar; preserve to beat till smooth peaks shape.
6. fold one-1/3 of the egg whites and one-third of the whipped cream into the chocolate aggregate until lightened. fold in closing egg whites and whipped cream until very well integrated. pour into the crust.
7. sit back cake till mousse is about, 6 hours to overnight.
8. integrate 2 cups heavy cream, 1/4 confectioners' sugar, and orange liqueur in a huge bowl; beat until stiff peaks shape. spoon into a pastry bag fitted with a celeb tip. pipe whipped cream rosettes to garnish every slice.