1. cooking spray
2. 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets
3. 1/2 teaspoon salt
4. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
5. 6 thin slices deli ham
6. 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
7. 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
8. 1 egg, beaten
9. 2 tablespoons milk
10. 1 1/4 cups bread crumbs
11. 1 tablespoon garlic powder
12. 1 teaspoon oregano
13. 2 tablespoons butter, melted
14. 1/2 cup chicken broth
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:35 Minutes, Ready In:55 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 350 levels f (175 tiers c). coat a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. place three cutlets facet with the aid of side in the prepared pan and season with salt and pepper. top with overlapping ham slices, beginning 1/four inch away from the edges of the cutlets. sprinkle 1 half of cups cheddar cheese over ham. lay ultimate 3 cutlets aspect by means of facet on top, overlaying all the cheddar cheese. sprinkle flour on pinnacle, spreading with hands to cover.
3. integrate crushed egg and milk in a bowl; pour over the hen.
4. combine bread crumbs with oregano in a bowl; sprinkle over the pinnacle and facets to cowl all surfaces of bird. spoon any extra egg combination from the lowest of the pan over the bird. drizzle melted butter on pinnacle; pour bird broth round the rims. pinnacle with the remaining half of cup cheddar cheese.
5. bake inside the preheated oven until cutlets are not red inside the center and the juices run clear, 30 to 35 minutes. an instant-examine thermometer inserted into the middle must read at least one hundred sixty five stages f (seventy four levels c).
6. flip oven to broil and prepare dinner till top is crispy and golden brown, about five mins more.