1. 8 ounces canned almond filling
2. 5 eggs, separated
3. 1 cup margarine
4. 1 cup white sugar
5. 2 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
6. 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
7. 3 drops green food coloring, or to taste
8. 3 drops red food coloring, or to taste
9. 1/4 cup apricot preserves
10. 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
11. 6 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
Prep:45 Minutes, Cook:11 Minutes, Ready In:9 Hours 11 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 350 ranges f (a hundred seventy five tiers c). grease 3 13x9x2-inch pans; line with waxed paper and grease waxed paper.
2. blend almond filling, egg yolks, margarine, and sugar together in a bowl the usage of an electric powered mixer till light and fluffy.
three. combine flour and baking powder in a bowl. stir into almond aggregate.
4. beat egg whites collectively in a bowl the use of an electric mixer on medium velocity till soft peaks form. fold into almond batter.
five. divide batter similarly among 3 bowls. add green food coloring to one bowl; upload pink food coloring to every other. depart the third bowl uncolored. pour the contents of every bowl into the organized pans.
6. bake within the preheated oven till edges are golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. invert onto twine racks, remove waxed paper, and flip proper-aspect-up on a baking sheet.
7. unfold apricot jam onto the surface of the green cake; pinnacle with the obvious cake. spread raspberry jam onto the obvious cake; top with the purple cake. cowl with plastic wrap; set a heavy reducing board or flat pan on pinnacle. refrigerate eight hours to overnight.
eight. area chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl; heat within the microwave until melted, 1 to two mins. unfold melted chocolate onto the floor of the cake. allow to set, approximately 15 mins.
nine. reduce off all 4 facets of the cake to make the edges clean and even. reduce the cake into 1-inch strips; reduce strips into chunk-size pieces.