1. 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2. 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
3. 2/3 cup white sugar
4. 1 individual packet vanilla sugar
5. 1 egg
6. 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
7. 1 teaspoon baking powder
9. 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
10. 2 teaspoons lemon juice, or more if needed
11. 1 drop assorted food coloring (optional)
12. 1 (1.75 ounce) package multicolored candy sprinkles, or as desired (optional)
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:8 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 38 Minutes
1. combine butter, white sugar, vanilla sugar, and egg in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer till mild and fluffy.
2. blend flour and baking powder; add to butter aggregate with electric powered mixer on lowest setting until dough will become crumbly. work dough crumbles together with your palms right into a smooth dough and area into a sealable field. refrigerate till chilled, about 1 to two hours.
three. preheat oven to 350 stages f (175 stages c). line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
four. roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thick on gently floured floor and cut into preferred shapes using cookie cutters. area cookies 1 inch aside onto the prepared baking sheets.
five. select up all of the left over dough, press collectively right into a ball, and repeat the rolling and slicing out technique until all the dough is used up.
6. bake within the preheated oven until edges are lightly browned, approximately eight to ten minutes. allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 mins earlier than cautiously putting off to a twine rack with a knife or thin spatula to cool completely.
7. to make glaze, mix together powdered sugar and lemon juice until it has a smooth and spreadable consistency. add extra lemon juice if you want a thinner glaze. upload food coloring if you like. brush frosting on cooled cookies and add chocolate sprinkles or sugar sprinkles as you like.