1. 2 (3 pound) fryer chickens
2. water to cover
3. 1 cup dry sherry
4. 1 onion, sliced
5. 1/2 cup sliced celery
6. 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
7. 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
8. 1/2 cup butter
9. 1 pound fresh mushrooms
10. 2 (16 ounce) packages long grain and wild rice mix
11. 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
12. 1 cup sour cream
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:3 Hours, Ready In:3 Hours 15 Minutes
1. place fowl in a deep pot and cowl with water; upload sherry, onion, celery, salt, and curry powder. deliver liquid to a boil, cowl pot, lessen warmth to medium-low, and simmer until chicken is now not pink close to the bone, about 1 hour. an on the spot-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, close to the bone should study a hundred sixty five degrees f (74 levels c).
2. pressure broth from hen combination into a bowl and switch chicken to a piece floor to cool till without difficulty treated. pull meat from the bones and cut into bite-length portions. discard bones, onion, and celery.
3. warmth butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms till golden brown, about 10 minutes.
4. deliver reserved fowl broth and wild rice to a boil in a huge saucepan. reduce warmth to medium-low, cowl, and simmer till rice is gentle, approximately 45 minutes. drain excess liquid, fluff rice with a fork, and cook exposed five minutes greater.
5. preheat oven to 350 degrees f (a hundred seventy five stages c).
6. combine hen, rice, and about half of of the mushrooms in a 4-quart casserole dish. blend mushroom soup and bitter cream collectively in a bowl and stir into hen-rice combination. arrange last mushrooms in a circle on pinnacle of the casserole.
7. bake in the preheated oven until bubbling, about 1 hour.