1. 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
2. 1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crust
3. 1 cup white sugar
4. 2 eggs, beaten
5. 2 tablespoons butter
6. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
7. 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
8. 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
9. 1/2 teaspoon salt
10. 1/2 cup buttermilk
11. 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 25 Minutes, Ready In:2 Hours
1. place candy potatoes right into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. lessen warmth to medium-low and simmer till smooth, 10 to fifteen minutes. drain well and permit cool.
2. preheat oven to 350 stages f (a hundred seventy five ranges c). line the bottom of a pie plate with pie crust.
3. mash candy potatoes with a potato masher or fork. measure 2 cups of the mash right into a large bowl. mix in sugar eggs, butter, and vanilla extract.
4. mix flour, pumpkin pie spice, and salt together in a separate bowl. upload to the candy potato mixture.
5. integrate buttermilk and baking soda in a small bowl. add to the candy potato-flour aggregate. stir batter properly; pour into the prepared crust.
6. bake inside the preheated oven until set, about 1 hour 10 minutes. let cool on rack till firm, as a minimum 20 mins.