1. 1 cup quick-cooking steel-cut oats
2. 3 cups water
3. 2 cups hot water, or more to taste
4. 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
5. 1 teaspoon white sugar
6. 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence
7. 1/2 teaspoon salt
8. 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
9. 1 pinch garlic powder
10. 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:30 Minutes, Ready In:40 Minutes
1. stir oats into three cups water in a saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce warmness to medium-low, and cook at a simmer till the oats are gentle and the water is absorbed, approximately 20 mins.
2. stir 2 cups hot water into the cooked oats. strain water to apply as ‘oat broth’ right into a massive sauce pan. keep cooked oats for every other use.
3. stir pumpkin puree, sugar, herbes de provence, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder into the oat broth with a whisk till easy; upload olive oil and stir to combine. thin the gravy with extra warm water, if desired. place the saucepan over medium heat, deliver the gravy to a simmer, and cook dinner till hot, about 10 minutes.