1. 1/3 cup white sugar
2. 3 tablespoons cornstarch
3. 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
4. 1 1/2 cups dulce de leche
5. 5 large baking apples – peeled, cored, and divided
6. 1 (14.1 ounce) package pastry for 9-inch double-crust pie
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:45 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 5 Minutes
1.heat oven to 450 degrees .
2. mix sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon together in a bowl until well combined. add dulce de leche; stir until frivolously disbursed within the sugar aggregate. stir in apples until frivolously covered.
3. roll out pie crusts on a lightly floured work surface. line a 9-inch pie plate with 1 crust. pour in apple filling, heaping it within the center. cowl with 2nd crust. pinch edges collectively to seal. reduce numerous slits into the pinnacle with a pointy knife.
4. bake in the heated oven until edges are golden, about 20 minutes. lessen oven temperature to 350 degree . keep baking till apples are warm and bubbling, 25 to half-hour greater.