1. 3/4 cup Japanese sushi-style rice
2. 3/4 cup water
3. 1 1/3 tablespoons rice vinegar
4. 1 1/3 tablespoons white sugar
5. 2 1/4 teaspoons salt
6. cooking spray
7. 8 frozen tempura shrimp
8. 2 sheets nori (dry seaweed)
9. 2 sticks imitation crabmeat, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
10. 1 cucumber – peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch strips
11. 1 sliced avocado
12. 10 ounces/283 frozen unagi kabayaki (grilled eel), thawed and sliced into 2-inch strips
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:38 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 8 Minutes
1. clean rinse in a water.
2. boil rice in a pan. reduce heat to low, cowl, and cook till rice is gentle and water is absorbed, for 20 mins.
3. combine rice vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan over low warmness; stir till sugar is dissolved, 1 to two minutes. pour over rice; stir till rice cools and appears dry.
4.heat oven to four hundred tiers f (two hundred ranges c). grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
5. set up shrimp tempura on the baking sheet.
6. bake within the preheated oven till golden and crispy, about 6 mins in step with side. cut tails off 4 of the tempura shrimp.
7. cowl a bamboo sushi rolling mat with plastic wrap. lay 1 sheet of nori, vibrant-facet down, on the plastic wrap. spread 1 cup rice on top the usage of moistened palms, leaving a 1/3-inch border. flip nori so rice is facing the mat.
8. arrange imitation crabmeat and cucumber along the lowest edge of the nori sheet. vicinity 2 tail-off shrimp inside the center of the nori sheet. region 2 tail-on shrimp on the give up so that the tails amplify over the edges of the sheet. elevate the brink of the mat and roll up nori into a tight log round filling.
9. switch sushi roll to a serving plate. layer avocado and unagi slices on top to cowl the top and aspects of the roll. slice roll into eight portions the usage of a moistened knife. repeat with final nori, rice, crabmeat, cucumber, avocado, and unagi to make a 2nd roll.