this milk-based pudding, set with agar-agar powder, is a riff on malaysian dadih, a refreshing candy treat generally enjoyed on a warm day.
1. 2 cups whole milk
2. 2 cups water
3. 1/4 cup white sugar
4. 3/8 teaspoon agar-agar powder
5. 3/4 teaspoon strawberry extract
6. 2 drops red food coloring
Prep:5 Minutes, Cook:7 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 22 Minutes
1. combine milk, water, sugar, and agar-agar in a saucepan. convey to a boil, stirring occasionally. simmer for two minutes. put off from heat; dispose of any pores and skin that fashioned on the floor.
2. stir strawberry extract and pink meals coloring into the milk mixture. pour combination into small plastic cups. allow cool, about 10 minutes. relax till set, approximately 1 hour.