carrots cooked in vegetable broth are pureed with curry powder and sauteed onions in this gorgeous vegetarian soup. garnish with golden raisins or a dollop of sour cream.
1. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2. 1 onion, chopped
3. 1 tablespoon curry powder
4. 2 pounds carrots, chopped
5. 4 cups vegetable broth
6. 2 cups water, or as needed
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:25 Minutes, Ready In:40 Minutes
1. warmth oil in a massive pot over medium warmness. saute onion until tender and translucent. stir in the curry powder. add the chopped carrots, and stir until the carrots are lined. pour inside the vegetable broth, and simmer till the carrots are smooth, approximately 20 minutes.
2. transfer the carrots and broth to a blender, and puree till easy. pour returned into the pot, and thin with water to your chosen consistency.