this deceptively easy croatian onion sauce isn’t always only vegan, it's a wealthy and balanced complement to any meat, seafood, or vegetable dish.
1. 1 onion, peeled and quartered
2. 3/4 cup water, or more as needed
3. 1 teaspoon sunflower seed oil
4. 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
5. 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
6. 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Prep:5 Minutes, Cook:37 Minutes, Ready In:42 Minutes
1. convey onion and water to a boil in a saucepan. cowl, reduce heat, and simmer till soft, 15 to 20 minutes. switch onion and water to a blender; puree until easy.
2. warmness oil in a saucepan over medium warmness. whisk in flour to form a thick paste the consistency of cake frosting. preserve cooking, whisking continuously, till flour has turned golden and starts offevolved to smell like toast, approximately 20 minutes.
3. stir onion puree into flour paste. cook dinner and stir till thickened to sauce consistency, adding extra water if necessary, about 2 minutes. stir in wine vinegar and salt.