1. 1 (12 ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
2. 1 cup self-rising flour
3. 2 tablespoons cornstarch
4. 1 teaspoon salt
5. 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
6. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, or as needed
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:10 Minutes, Ready In:35 Minutes
1. drain tofu, location on a plate, and stack heavy plates on pinnacle of it to drain any greater moisture, at least 15 minutes. slice into 24 chew-size portions.
2. combine flour, cornstarch, salt, and pepper in a gallon-size resealable plastic bag. toss tofu into bag, seal completely, and shake to coat. transfer tofu portions to a plate, shaking off any extra flour.
three. pour vegetable oil into a skillet; warmness on medium-excessive until simply smoking. prepare dinner tofu, turning often, until golden brown on all sides, about five minutes per facet.