a creamy soup of bird, wild rice, sliced mushrooms and white wine in a freshly made stock.
1. 1 1/3 cups wild rice
2. 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
3. 7 cups water
4. 1 cup chopped celery
5. 1 cup chopped onion
6. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
7. 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
8. 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
9. 3/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
10. 1/2 teaspoon salt
11. 1/2 cup margarine
12. 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
13. 4 cups milk
14. 3/4 cup white wine
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 55 Minutes, Ready In:2 Hours 15 Minutes
1. cook dinner the wild rice according to package instructions, however cast off from heat approximately 15 minutes earlier than it's completed. drain the extra liquid, and set aside.
2. in a stock pot over high warmness, integrate the hen and the water. deliver to a boil, and then lessen warmness to low. simmer for forty minutes, or till chook is cooked and soft. dispose of hen from the pot, and permit it to cool. strain the broth from the pot, and reserve for later. whilst fowl is cool, dispose of the meat from the bones, cut into chew length portions, and reserve. discard the fat and the bones.
three. inside the identical stock pot over medium warmness, saute the celery and onion in the oil for five minutes. add the mushrooms, and cowl. cook dinner for 5 to ten minutes, stirring from time to time, till the whole lot is gentle. go back the broth to the inventory pot, and add the partly cooked wild rice. stir within the bouillon, white pepper and salt; simmer, exposed, for 15 minutes.
4. meanwhile, melt margarine in a medium saucepan over medium heat. stir in the flour until smooth. whisk inside the milk, and retain cooking until mixture is bubbly and thick. add a number of the broth combination to the milk mixture, continuing to stir, then stir all of the milk combination into the broth combination.
five. blend in the reserved bird meat and the white wine. allow this to heat thru for approximately 15 minutes.