cauliflower, potatoes and carrots are cooked with garlic in chicken broth, pureed, then mixed with milk, spices and a bit of sherry on this fundamental cream of cauliflower soup.
1. 2 tablespoons butter
2. 1 large onion, chopped
3. 4 cloves garlic, minced
4. 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
5. 2 carrots, chopped
6. 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
7. 1 head cauliflower, chopped
8. 1 cup milk
9. 1 teaspoon salt
10. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
11. 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
12. 1 tablespoon dry sherry
13. 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:40 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours
1. in a huge pot over medium warmness, soften butter. stir in onion and garlic and cook until onion is translucent, about 5 mins. stir in potatoes and carrots and cook five minutes greater. pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. stir in cauliflower, cover, reduce warmth and simmer until veggies are smooth, 10 to 20 mins. dispose of from warmness.
2. puree in batches in a blender or meals processor, or in the pot using an immersion blender. return to low warmness and stir in milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg and sherry. warmth through. serve garnished with parsley.