1/2 of the blanched broccoli in this is pureed and introduced to a creamy broth, at the same time as the other half of is more or less chopped and folded into the soup base with a sprint of nutmeg. serve garnished with grated cheddar cheese.
1. 4 cups water
2. 4 cups broccoli florets
3. 2 tablespoons margarine
4. 1 onion, chopped
5. 1 large stalk celery, chopped
6. 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
7. 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
8. 2 1/2 cups whole milk
9. 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
10. 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
11. 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:25 Minutes, Ready In:40 Minutes
1. in a medium-sized cooking pot, add water and broccoli florets and convey to boil; lessen warmness and cook dinner for approximately 3 minutes. drain, reserving all of the water.
2. in a food processor or blender, manner 1/2 the cooked broccoli until fairly easy. chop last broccoli and set apart.
3. in a heavy-bottomed cooking pot, soften butter or margarine, upload onion and celery and prepare dinner for approximately three to four minutes till soft. stir in flour; prepare dinner, stirring continuously for about 1 to two mins. upload reserved water and chicken bouillon granules, and bring to boil, stirring continuously. reduce heat to medium; simmer, stirring constantly till thickened.
four. stir in milk, nutmeg, pepper, and processed and chopped broccoli, and warmth via. adjust seasonings to taste. serve garnished with grated cheddar cheese.