2. 4 cups all-purpose flour, or more as needed, divided
3. 1/2 cup white sugar
4. 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
5. 1/2 teaspoon salt
6. 1 cup milk
7. 1/2 cup butter
8. 1 egg
10. 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
11. 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
12. 1 egg
13. 1 tablespoon lemon juice
14. 2 tablespoons milk
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:25 Minutes, Ready In:4 Hours 55 Minutes
1. combine 1 cup flour, sugar, yeast, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer.
2. combine 1 cup milk and butter in a 2-quart saucepan over low warmth; warmth until very hot (one hundred twenty to one hundred thirty levels f (forty to 54 degrees c)), about five mins.
3. beat milk-butter aggregate step by step into flour combination on low velocity. boom velocity to medium; beat for two minutes, stopping every now and then to scrape the bowl with a spatula. beat in 1 cup flour and egg, on occasion scraping the bowl. switch to the dough hook attachment; blend in final 2 cups flour till a tender dough bureaucracy.
4. flip dough out on a lightly floured paintings surface. knead till clean and elastic, about 10 mins. form right into a ball. transfer to a greased bowl. turn over to coat top with grease. cowl and allow upward thrust in a heat region until doubled, about 1 hour.
5. punch down dough and turn out on a lightly floured surface. divide into 2 portions. location each piece in a separate bowl. cover and refrigerate, 2 hours to overnight.
6. combine cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, 1 egg, and lemon juice in the easy bowl of a stand mixer. beat on low pace till evenly combined. increase pace to medium; beat till fluffy, about three mins.
7. grease 2 baking sheets. roll 1 piece of dough into a 12×15-inch rectangle. switch to a baking sheet. repeat with remaining dough.
8. spread cream cheese filling in a four-inch strip down the center of every rectangle. reduce dough on both aspects of the filling into 1-inch-wide strips. fold strips alternately over the filling to create a braid. cover braided dough and let rise in a heat, draft-loose location until doubled, approximately 1 hour.
9. preheat oven to 375 levels f (190 levels c). brush tops of braids with 2 tablespoons milk.
10. bake within the preheated oven till golden brown, approximately 20 mins. switch to a twine rack to cool.