1. 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
2. water to cover
3. 2 (1.5 ounce) packages potato chips, crushed
4. 1/2 cup butter
5. 1 yellow onion, diced
6. 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
7. 1 green bell pepper, diced
8. 1 red bell pepper, diced
9. 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
10. 2 cups milk
11. 1 (8 ounce) package American cheese slices
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 3 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 43 Minutes
1. region chicken breasts in a big pot; add sufficient water to cowl. convey to a boil; lessen heat and simmer till an immediately-study thermometer inserted into the center reads at the least one hundred sixty five ranges f (seventy four stages c), 15 to twenty mins. remove chook with a slotted spoon and cool till easily treated, about 10 mins. reserve cooking liquid.
2. cube chicken into bite-length portions.
3. layer 1 bag overwhelmed potato chips inside the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. top with diced hen.
4. preheat oven to 350 levels f (one hundred seventy five ranges c).
5. melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. upload onion, mushrooms, green bell pepper, and purple bell pepper; cook dinner and stir until onion is translucent, 5 to ten mins.
6. stir in flour into onion aggregate to make a paste; prepare dinner until golden, approximately three mins. pour in 2 cups reserved cooking liquid and milk; cook and stir until sauce is smooth and thick, about five mins. add american cheese, 1 slice at a time, stirring until melted.
7. pour sauce over fowl in the baking dish. pinnacle with ultimate overwhelmed potato chips.
8. bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and golden, about 30 minutes.