1. 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
2. 1 cup boiling water
3. 1 cup all-purpose flour
4. 3 tablespoons white sugar
5. 2 tablespoons butter, melted
6. 2 tablespoons baking powder
7. 1 pinch salt
8. 1 1/2 cups milk
9. 1 egg, beaten
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:4 Minutes, Ready In:19 Minutes
1. pour cornmeal right into a massive bowl; cover with boiling water. let stand till slightly softened, approximately five minutes. stir in flour, sugar, melted butter, baking powder, and salt. blend in milk and egg till batter is smooth.
2. warmness a lightly greased griddle over medium heat. drop spoonfuls of batter onto the griddle and cook until edges are dry, 2 to a few minutes. turn and prepare dinner until browned on the alternative aspect, 2 to a few minutes greater. repeat with ultimate batter.