those crispy shrimp are rolled in a coconut beer batter before frying. for dipping sauce, i take advantage of orange marmalade, mustard and horseradish mixed to flavor.
1. 1 egg
2. 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3. 2/3 cup beer
4. 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
5. 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
6. 2 cups flaked coconut
7. 24 shrimp
8. 3 cups oil for frying
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:20 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours
1. in medium bowl, combine egg, half of cup flour, beer and baking powder. area 1/4 cup flour and coconut in separate bowls.
2. keep shrimp by using tail, and dredge in flour, shaking off extra flour. dip in egg/beer batter; permit excess to drip off. roll shrimp in coconut, and location on a baking sheet covered with wax paper. refrigerate for half-hour. in the meantime, warmth oil to 350 ranges f (a hundred seventy five stages c) in a deep-fryer.
three. fry shrimp in batches: cook dinner, turning once, for two to a few minutes, or till golden brown. the usage of tongs, get rid of shrimp to paper towels to drain. serve heat with your favorite dipping sauce.